Monday, December 10, 2012

My Weekend


My weekend was good.  I am getting ready for my trip to Ukraine.  I leave in 7 days.  I went to confession.  I went to San Xavier del Bac Mission.  The church is rather old and somewhat rural so I brought my dog Woodstock with me.  After confession, we walked around the mission and I waited for my friend of mine, Kevin Ring as he was visiting from out of town.

Kevin lives in Seattle.  He and I know each other from the Army Reserves where we served in the same unit for a couple of years.  San Xavier sits on the Papago Indian Reservation.  A musical band made up of Papago Indians mixed rock and roll and Mexican band music in their songs.

Kevin and I went over to my parent's house and we ate large portions of steak that my father made on the grill.  Then we went to see the James Bond movie Skyfall - good show generally speaking.  One cannot watch a Bond film without reflecting somewhat Peter Hitchen's book THE ABOLITION OF BRITAIN, the recent movie "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" and the life Ian Fleming actually lived.  The film has its flaws, mostly that it is 4 short films packaged and marketed in one large long movie.  The scenes have not tension.  The writer takes no risks in exploring the problems of the characters.  But Bond films do best when Bond is Bond and England is England.

"I think you're a sexist, misogynist dinosaur. A relic of the Cold War."
 - M played by Judi Dench, Goldeneye

That problem is finally resolved.

Yesterday Kevin and I went hiking and we went up to the Rincon mountains and I took pictures of him.  I want Kevin to start dating again and maybe these pictures will give him some confidence and get him excited again.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.505276186170615.117818.100000647134719&type=1

How about what did you do this weekend?  What do you like to do for your leisure activities?  God Bless you!

No comments: