Monday, November 22, 2010

Wild Wild Life

My life is pretty awesome. I mean really. What me worry?



Friday, I went up to Zoo Productions on the Paramount lot and interviewed for a position that Andrew tipped me. We also dropped off some casting materials for Andrew at NCIS. While at Paramount I saw the only likable and telegenic cast member of Glee, Jane Lynch. I also got kicked out of the lunch line for Happy Endings. Andrew did not suffer such a humiliation as he noshed on the salad bar.

Saturday, we shot a spec commercial for Jake Albrecht's Jimmy Johns Subs So Fast You'll Freak! I love producing. I love being able to make it happen for awesome directors like Jake, Danny, Parker and Rachel. I love seeing their burdens of pre-production fade so that they can focus on the aesthetic challenges of the moment on days of production. But double bonus was I got to act in it as well!!!

I bought a bunch of books at this used bookstore. I didn't buy everything that I wanted but I did get a biography of Erwin Rommell, two epistolary books by Cicero and Chretiens de Troye - a compendium of medieval stories.

Saturday night, I went to Hollywood for Liisa Evastina's birthday party in Hollywood. I bought Liisa a drink. She thwarted my attempt to unduly corrupt her morals by insisting I purchase for her a sparkling water. I drank milk.

It was great to talk about the hard work that Liisa and our team has done. It brought back fond memories I have and great esteem for Levi's photography and our team coming together Danny, Polito and Curtis. I met all sorts of cool people. I can't party in Hollywood though - too expensive, too many wierdies, and too many cops. So I stopped off at this cool pizza place at the end of the night called Vito's on LaCienga. I ate my first Canoli. I have to say the customer service was excellent!

Sunday Andrew insisted we leave the house and cruise Abbot Kinney. Bowing to his forceful demands, Danny and I walked to Abbott Kinney. We had tea at a cafe called Intelligensia where 2 lesbians smelled Andrew's tatoos. I met a woman in a fur coat and we followed an Asian woman in hot pants into a Thai Massage parlour but we didn't pay. Then we went up Calabasas to do some location scouting for Andrew's next cinematic adventure - See Danny Thompson's photos. And while on the way back, a Highway Patrolman caught me on my cellphone. He gave me a ticket for being lippy with him. He wanted to arrest me, insist that I take a sobriety check, and search the car. I only got the ticket.

Andrew then said we should cruise Sunset and Whittier to look over the location where Ronnie Chasen was killed. I didn't want to go, but couldn't see a reason why not to go besides being squeamish about it. It was night by then and creepy. We three suspect the LAPD as the hired hitmen. Why? They killed musicians in the same manner. One disgraced LAPD cop/hitman confessed to the murder and the LAPD failed to follow through on a further investigation after the disgraced LAPD cop/hitman fingered more.

This weekend like Al Gore after a rub down had a happy ending.

No comments: